5 Simple Solution for obesity Problem in children
As a child care specialist, I have noticed a huge difference in overall growing of a child in the last 14 years. The kids have not only become mature at an early age but also most of them are obese. The change of lifestyle over a decade is quite visible.
Obesity has become a big problem in Indian kids today.
As per the recent study by “The New England Journal of Medicine”, “India has second highest obese children in the world”. This is actually very scary data.
This made me think what are we leaving our children with?
After discussing this issue for about a year with the parents of children coming to me for consultation. There are four key reasons which came out as a major problem.
- No physical activity and no outdoor playing.
- Why vaccination is important? What is the role of vaccines do?
- Will my child’s immune system be weaker after vaccination?
- Is my child safe after vaccination? Does that mean he/she will not get any illness for which the vaccination is provided?
- Is there any side effects of vaccination?
- Why do kids who are healthy, active, and eating well need to be immunized?
- How long does immunity last after getting a vaccine?
- What if I miss couple of vaccine dosages? Will it harm my child?
Hope I have answered all your questions related to vaccination.
Thanks for watching and don’t forget to subscribe my channel to receive more health tips.
You can also get in touch with me if you have any query.
Which are the necessary vaccinations for my child?
National Immunization Program:
- Which are the necessary vaccinations for my child?
- At 6 weeks – Diphtheria w1 (DTP), OPV1
- At 10 weeks – DTPw2, OPV2
- At 14 weeks – DPTw3, OPV3
- 9 months – Measles
- 15 month and 5 yrs MMR and Chicken Pox
- 18-24 months – DTPw B1, OPV B1 (Booster)
- 5 years – DTB2, OPVB2
The other important vaccinations are -
- Rotavirus oral – To prevent against Rota viral infection
- Pneumococcal Vaccination – To prevent against pneumococcal pneumonia
- Hepatitis A 2 doses at one year and 2nd dose six months later.
- Rabies (in special situations)
- Polio Vaccines
It is important to have a balanced diet which will provide multiple nutrients required for your body.
Why vaccination is important? What is the role of vaccines do?
Vaccines work by preparing the body to fight illness.
Will my child’s immune system be weaker after vaccination?
No, the immune system makes antibodies against a germ, like the chickenpox virus, whether it encounters it naturally or is exposed to it through a vaccine.
Is my child safe after vaccination? Does that mean he/she will not get any illness for which the vaccination is provided?
Vaccinations helps in protecting your child. The chances are reduced by 80%-90%, however, there is no 100% guarantee that your child will not get infected.
Is there any side effects of vaccination?
Sometimes, kids can have a reaction to a vaccine like a mild fever or rash. But the risk of serious reactions is small compared with the health risks associated with the often-serious diseases they prevent, and do not happen because the baby got several vaccines at once.
Why do kids who are healthy, active, and eating well need to be immunized?
Vaccinations are intended to help keep healthy kids healthy. Because vaccines work by protecting the body before disease strikes, if you wait until your child gets sick, it will be too late for the vaccine to work. The best time to immunize kids is when they're healthy.
How long does immunity last after getting a vaccine?
A few vaccines, like the two for measles or the series for hepatitis B, may make you immune for your entire life. Others, like tetanus, last for many years but require periodic shots (boosters) for continued protection against the disease.
What if I miss couple of vaccine dosages? Will it harm my child?
There is no such thing as a safe gap before the inoculation of the next vaccine since the more days are passed without the child being vaccinated against a specific disease, the more is the risk of getting infected by it prevails.